Mark your calendar for the WES Read-A-Thon!
Start Fundraising! Monday October 5th - Sunday October 25th
Help us reach our goal of raising $7,500. A huge thank you to The Trinity Group at HER Realtors for being our Platinum Sponsor this year!
Fundraising for the Read-A-Thon kicks off on Monday October 5th and runs through Sunday October 25th. Students will receive a Read-A-Thon packet in early October that includes a donation form for mailed in or dropped off donations. Donations can be sent to school with students, dropped off during school hours or mailed (for checks made out to WES PTA) to Worthington Estates Elementary, ATTN: WES PTA, 6760 Rieber St., Worthington OH 43085 or skip the form and DONATE ONLINE
(Share this link with family and friends!)
This is the only time all year the PTA directly asks for funds. Sponsor your student – and ask family, friends, and neighbors to do the same. 100% of all donations raised go to the PTA. We anticipate this year will be full of new ideas to enhance and facilitate students’ learning during this unpredictable time, and we want to support our teachers as much as possible along the way. The WES PTA has a Teacher Grant Fund for the 2020-2021 school year. The purpose of these PTA grants is to assist teachers in creating innovative educational experiences for their students. It’s thanks to our teachers that WES has the Sensory Path and a Zero Waste Cafeteria.
Reading! Monday October 19 - Friday October 23
The official Read-A-Thon week runs from Monday October 19th through Friday October 23rd. All students will receive a WES Read-A-Thon bookmark and a reading log. Students should set a personal goal of how many total minutes they aspire to read that week and can log the minutes as they go. At the end of the week, any student who met their personal goal can enter to win a $25 gift card to the Fall Book Fair. Entries must be submitted by Sunday October 25th.
There are many fun incentives for students and grades to raise funds for our school! Donations made between October 5 – October 25 are eligible for the following prizes.
- Weekly Raffle Prizes Students who have turned in donations during the weeks of Oct 5 – Oct 11, Oct 12 – 18, and Oct 19 – Oct 25 will be entered into a raffle that week for a Borgata pizza gift card. Winners will be announced the following week.
- Grade Level Prize The highest fundraising grade will receive a Dairy Queen Blizzard coupon for each student.
- School Wide Prize Stay tuned for details!
- Individual Fundraising Prizes Individual fundraising winners will get a gift card of their choice (1st place: $50, 2nd place: $25, 3rd place: $15)
- Raffle Prize Students who met their personal reading goal can enter to win a Book Fair Gift Card
Thank you to our Gold Level Sponsors!